Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

SOUTHERN ZODIAC...


Have y’all heard about the new Southern Zodiac signs? They sure do explain our attitudes better than rams and twins and scales from the old set of signs. I am a boiled peanut, which is somewhat earthier than the old Libra sign but with my Texas DNA it does hit the mark right square on the nail’s head—especially that part about being pretty salty.

Where do you find yourself in the southern zodiac business?

OKRA (Dec. 22-Jan. 20): Although you appear crude, you are actually very slick especially when you are in hot water. Okras have tremendous influence over others. Older Okras can look back of his/her lives and see the seeds of his/her life everywhere. In the marriage situation, you should steer clean of a Moon Pie.

CHITLIN (Jan. 21-Feb. 19) Chitlins come from humble backgrounds. Many times they are uncomfortable talking abut where they came from. A Chitlin, however, can make something of himself is he’s motivated and has plenty of seasoning. Chitlins make the best marriages with Catfish and Okra.

BOLL WEEVIL (Feb. 20-March 20): You have an overwhelming curiosity. You’re unsatisfied with the surface of things and feel you have to bore down deep into the interior of everything. You are intense and driven as if you had an inner ravaging hunger. You might be able to endure life with a Grit but that is your only hope.

MOON PIE: (Mar. 21-April 20): You’re the type that spends a lot of time on the front porch. Moon Pies are wonderful cooks and tend to throw out any recipes that do not have something to do with bacon or chocolate. But they have a terrible temper so if you fall in love with a moon pie, you can expect a rocky marriage.

POSSUM: (April 21-May 20): When confronted with life’s difficulties, possums have a marked tendency to withdraw. Sometimes you become so withdrawn that folks think you are dead. This strategy is probably not mentally healthy but it works for you. One day, however, it could fail and you will find yourself flat out on the highway with a “roadkill” sign on your chest. Do not marry a Moon Pie. With your attitude they might push you out onto the highway.

CRAWFISH (May 21-June 21): Crawfish is a water sign. Crawfishes who work in offices are the ones who hang around the water cooler. Crawfish prefer the beach to the mountains, the bathtub to the living room and the pool to the golf course. They might be able to get along with a Moon Pie but it will take lots of patience.

COLLARDS (June 22-July 23): Collards have a genius for communication. They love to get into the “melting pot” of life and share their essence with everyone around them. Collards make good social workers, psychologists and Girl Scout leaders. They are safe to date Moon Pies since they both love bacon.

CATFISH (July 24-Aug. 23): Catfish are never easy people to understand. They prefer muddy waters to clear water and often never finish a project because they just can’t see it through to the end. They could possibly get along with a Moon Pie because they can always hide in the muddy water.

GRITS (Aug. 24-Sept. 23): Your highest aim in life is to be with others like yourself. You love to travel anywhere there is bacon, gravy, eggs or butter. You would do well with a Moon Pie.

BOILED PEANUT (Sept 24-Oct. 23): You have a soft heart and compassionate desire to be of help to mankind. Those who know you find that you are a little salty and sassy. You should marry a Grits.

BUTTER BEAN (Oct. 24-Nov 22): A Butter Bean goes well with everyone. They’ve grown on the vine of life and are at home no matter where they find themselves. But you and a Moon Pie will never get along in any kind of relationship so steer clear of anyone born under that sign.

ARMADILLO (Nov. 23-Dec. 21): You have a tendency to develop a tough exterior but inside you are quite soft. You are not concerned with today’s fashions or trends and are almost prehistoric in your interests. You would probably want to hook up with another Armadillo but Possum is a good possibility, too.

Did you find your southern self? Leave a comment and let me know how close our new Zodiac sign fits you!

27 comments:

  1. I'm a okra. I don't agree with al of it. I should have been a butterbean. I married s grits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, fried okra and butter beans make for a fine combination so you can declare that your moon sign is a butter bean if you want to! The southern Zodiac is very flexible. LOL!

      Delete
  2. So cute.....I was born and live a few miles from where Moon Pies are made in Chattanooga....always loved a Moon Pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE moon pies! Next time I'm around Chattanooga, I'll have to get a fresh one right from the factory!

      Delete
  3. Not sure, the armadillo is more like I see myself rather than a boiled peanut. I'm married to a possum and that description fits him very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An armadillo and a boiled peanut have a lot in common. They both have tough exteriors but when you break through that, you find a soft heart!

      Delete
  4. I like being a boiled peanut. Suits me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Margie...we are boiled peanuts together!

      Delete
  5. I'm a Boiled Peanut & am married to a Grits. Not sure about the rest of it. But this is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm a boiled peanut and I'm married to a Grits...we have our work cut out for us for sure!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'm definitely Okra. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love okra so I'm sure we'd get along fine!

      Delete
  7. I'm a catfish. I will say it doesn't really fit me. And on a light note, I hate fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your attitude must be more prevalent in your moon sign. When the southern Zodiac gurus come up with a moon sign chart, I bet you'll fit into that sign better!

      Delete
  8. Hmmm says Collards...first off yum!! Not sure bout the girl scout leader thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Then you must have a hard shell and a soft heart!

      Delete
  10. This is a hoot! I'm a moon pie married to a grits (can't have only one grit, can we?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, one grit ain't worth much! LOL! Got to have a bowl full! Love your comment!

      Delete
  11. I'm a bolied peanut as well. Hubby is a possum and yep so true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a bolied peanut as well. Hubby is a possum and yep so true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So basically with this new southern zodiac sign, a Moonpie doesn't get along with anyone, not sure I like that since I am a Moon pie. I will be the first one to admit I can be hard to get along with. And when I don't like someone they know it, but when I like someone they know that too! And you MIss Carolyn I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo, a moon pie likes me! I'm special and blessed! Honestly, Millie, I love it that you like me...you are special in this boiled peanut's books!

      Delete