Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Recipe Sunday...Pecan Sandies

A friend of mine mentioned Pecan Sandies the other day. They are a shortbread cookie loaded with chopped pecans. I make them a couple of times a year because I can't leave them alone and believe me when I tell you they are not fat free or calorie free, either. I'm sure three times a year would fill up every cellulite cell in my body but two times a year. No, sir! That surely can't make the bathroom scales moan and groan!
 
PECAN SANDIES
2 cups softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. Water
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
 

Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.

Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.

(NOTE: The tops do not get brown so test the bottom for doneness not the top. And I never substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.)

11 comments:

  1. These cookies sound delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pecan sandies. When I was growing up we would crumble them on ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wasn't on a diet I would totally make and eat these today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up these were my favorite cookies. Grown up now ( poundage as well as age) I can't eat them as often as I like but...... may make an exception this week and just walk an extra mile a day to work them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had homemade pecan sandies. I think I need to rectify that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, I love pecan sandies, but I've never made them. I will continue that tradition although I'm sure yours are much better than store-bought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love pecan sandies and have made them, but your recipe for easier and sounds so yummy that I am going to have to try it. Thank you for all the great recipes that you give us every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy,yummy,these cookies sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering just thinking about these! And the recipe is easy enough to add them to my 4th of July party. :-) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds so good! My husband loves these....stealing this recipe. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the comments today. This is my favorite recipe for pecan sandies and I've tried several!

    ReplyDelete