Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Bacon Candy!

Where did the week go? I guess with all the mid-year doctor checkups, packing for a family reunion 1400 miles away and getting all the paperwork done (paying bills so there will be water and electricity when I get home) the week flat out got away from me. And now it's time for Recipe Sunday!
 
With all the hype about bacon these days, it's easy to find recipes guaranteed to jack the cholesterol up by just looking at the picture. This isn't one of those but believe me it is addictive. A little sweet, a little whiskey taste and bacon! Not a bad combination at all! I'm not sure what the original recipe is called but in my house it's known as Bacon Candy!
 
BACON CANDY
 
1 pound thick sliced Bacon
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
2 T. Maple Syrup
1/4 c. Bourbon Whiskey (I used Jack Daniels)
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Cut bacon strips in half. (optional)
  3. Mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup and whiskey.
  4. Transfer bacon strips to the glaze bowl and toss until evenly coated with bacon.
  5. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top.
  6. Lay bacon on the rack in a flat even layer.
  7. Recoat with leftover glaze every 15 minutes.
  8. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until crispy. Watch closely the last 5 minutes because the bacon will burn quickly)
  9. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. This would be delicious chopped up in a salad with pecans or walnuts and strawberries with cheese and a strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
    I'm definitely making bacon candy.

    ReplyDelete