Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

PUNCH!

It doesn't matter if it's a wedding, a baby shower, Christmas party or graduation or birthday. Or if it's served from a crystal punch bowl or a witch's plastic kettle, it's not a party without the punch. So today I thought I'd share our famous family recipe for what we think is the best punch in the whole wide world.

2 packages of any kind of Kool-Aid (we like black cherry)
2 cups of sugar
1 64 ounce can of pineapple juice
64 ounces of water (I fill the juice can full after I empty the juice)
2 ounce bottle of almond extract (Use the whole bottle)

Stir all together until the sugar is dissolved and freeze. About two or three hours before time to serve, take it out of the freezer and let it get slushy. Put about half into a punch bowl and add a 2 liter bottle of ginger ale. Repeat when the punch bowl is empty!

If I don't have time to freeze the mixture, then I make it and add finely crushed ice to the mixture but it's really best if it makes its own ice.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment