My brother-in-law, who has recently retired in the state of Pennsylvania sent this along for me to consider...in case I ever retire. Which one would you choose?
You can retire to1. You are willing to park 3 blocks away from your house
where... Phoenix, Arizona
because you found shade.
2. You've experienced condensation on your behind from
the hot water in the toilet bowl.
3. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never
4. You have over 100 recipes for Mexican food.
5. You know that "dry heat" is comparable to what
hits you in the face when you open your oven door.
6. The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE
YOU KIDDING ME??
You can retire to1. You make over $450,000 and you still can't afford to
buy a house.
2. The fastest part of your commute is going down your
3. You know how to eat an artichoke.
4. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighborhood block party.
5. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.
6. The 4 seasons are: Fire, Flood, Mud, and Drought
ORYou can retire to
1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know
2. You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from
3. You think
4. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual.
5. You've worn out a car horn. ( IF you have a car).
6. You think eye contact is an act of aggression.
You can retire to1. You only have three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup....
2. Halloween costumes have to fit over parkas.
3. You have seventeen recipes for casserole.
4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons.
5. The four seasons are: almost winter, winter, still winter,and road repair.
6. The highest level of criticism is "He is different, she is different or It was different!
You can retire to the1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
Deep South where...
2. "Y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural.
3. "He needed killin" is a valid defense.
4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Joe Bob, Betty Jean, Mary Beth, etc etc.
5. Everywhere is either "in yonder," "over yonder" or "out yonder"..
You can retire to1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.
2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home and so he stops at the day care center.
3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.
4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.
You can retire to the
1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows our name.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is three cars waiting to pass tractor.
3. You have had to switch from "heat" to A/C" on the same day.
4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at."
FINALLY You can retire to1.You eat dinner at in the afternoon.
2. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars.
3. Everyone can recommend an excellent cardiologist, dermatologist, proctologist, podiatrist, or orthopedist.
4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state.
5. Cars in front of you often appear to be driven by headless people.