Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Quotes from The Ladies' Room

For the next few days I'm going to share some of my awesome reader's favorite quotes with all  y'all. Today's quotes come directly from The Ladies' Room! Which one is your favorite? Or is it not listed?

“When opportunity knocks, you don't leave it standing on the doorstep. You invite it in and feed it chocolate cake.”
Carolyn Brown, The Ladies Room

“Don't worry about tomorrow or let the past ruin today.”
Carolyn Brown, Ladies' Room, The    

“Because you can make decisions for yourself even if they're wrong. Mistakes can be corrected. Life is too short to have everyone else tell you how to live. Make a few mistakes, and learn from them. At least they'll be real, and you'll be living, not just existing.”
Carolyn Brown, The Ladies Room

“A true lady never lets someone know when he's riled her; otherwise she's giving away her power and her crown.”
Carolyn Brown, Ladies' Room, The    

“I can't say I've been in love with you my whole life. But I can say that I intend to be for the rest of it. I don't even know when it happened, but it did. I can't get you off my mind or out of my heart.”
Carolyn Brown, Ladies' Room, The

“God bless the woman who'd invented air-conditioning. Okay, it might have been a man, but I'll bet you dollars to earthworms that a woman nagged him into it.”
Carolyn Brown, The Ladies Room

"Men are so frustrating; sometimes I think they really do come from Mars. That's the planet where they take boy babies' souls at birth to raise them with no feminine influence of any kind. They use John Wayne as the primary role model and make them mean and tough. Then they return their souls to them when they start puberty. That's why they are so obsessed with the female species at that time. After all, they've been living on Mars, where no such things exist.”
Carolyn Brown, The Ladies Room

“My mind went back to Bambi. If there were too many deer, then hunters were given the opportunity to shoot them. Cheating husbands were also a problem in the balance of nature, and there were far too many of them. Why couldn't there be open season on cheating husbands? Deceived wives could purchase a gun, take lessons, and receive a cheating-husband hunting license complete with a big red "A" label to tie to the man's zipper after the kill. Open season could be scheduled months in advance to give the husbands a fighting chance. They could hide in refuges or stay home and take their chances at being shot through the living room window as they watched Monday Night Football.” ― Carolyn Brown, The Ladies Room 

“Don't worry about tomorrow or let the past ruin today.”
Carolyn Brown, Ladies' Room, The

6 comments:

  1. As a wife that was cheated on many years ago I could relate to Trudy, I laughed til I cried. But I did find true love after that and we had many good years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deniese!! Trudy and I got along really well together when I was writing that story!

      Delete
  2. I try never to give up power and never my Crown. I loved this book and I could read it over and over. But then I could re-read all your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen...HUGS to you for re-reading my books!

      Delete
  3. I gave up my power and my crown and was down on the floor, never, ever again. Not going to let anyone take my power, my crown or put me on the floor again. NEVER, EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'll always be the queen of my home. Remember to ask my hubby about the broom. It swings just as good as a bat but you don't have to bury him afterward.

    ReplyDelete