Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Granny Cake...

One of my friends posted this last week and it looked so good that I made it. It was so easy and believe me when I say it was scrumptious. I did keep it in the refrigerator after it cooled!


Granny Cake
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt (omit if using self-rising flour)
1 tsp. baking soda (omit if using self-rising flour)
2 eggs
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in its own juice (including juice)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix the sugar, flour, salt, soda, eggs and pineapple together and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle the top with one cup brown sugar and one cup chopped pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Cook the milk, sugar, margarine and vanilla until mixture comes to a rolling boil.

After the cake has baked and out of the oven.., pour the cooked milk mixture over the cake.

 


1 comment: