Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Banana Pudding...

My sister has been gone two years now and I still pick up the phone occasionally to call her with a funny story or to vent about something that has gone wrong. Happened just yesterday and made me think of her banana pudding recipe that she always brought to the family affairs. We told everyone it was an old family recipe and that we couldn't share it when in actuality she'd gotten it off the internet. So today, since she's been on my mind lately, I'm sharing our "old family" recipe with all y'all.

BANANA PUDDING
 
1 large pkg instant vanilla pudding, (6 ounces)
 
2 1/2 cups cold milk
 
1 can sweetened condensed milk, (14 ounces)
 
1 container whipped topping, (16 ounces)
 
sliced bananas
 
vanilla wafer cookies
     
Mix pudding and milk; add condensed milk. Blend well; fold in half the whipped topping.
In a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes, alternate layers of pudding, bananas and vanilla wafers; top with remaining whipped topping and a few banana slices. 
Refrigerate overnight before serving.
 
NOTE: It works with fresh strawberries almost as well! And someday I'm going to try it with fresh blackberries!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love banana pudding!! Will definitely try the recipe. The story is better though and there is nothing better then family recipes, whenever I cook stew I think of my father. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana pudding!! Will definitely try the recipe. The story is better though and there is nothing better then family recipes, whenever I cook stew I think of my father. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete