Y'all come on in!

Y'all come on in!

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Christmas...

So those of you who read last Saturday's post are already aware of the story behind these little notes: My sister, Patti, passed away almost three years ago and my brother-in-law brought over these notes he found when he was going through some things. After a tough year, I gave her a little present each day for the whole month of December and wrote a note each day. She kept them all for almost thirty years...

On the Third Day of Christmas, my sister gave to me--a teddy bear in a stocking since that sounds better than a dumb partridge or two turtle doves.

How does that song go? "I wish I was a teddy bear...not going nowhere..." Let's just forget about work today, get our teddy bears and go the park.
Love you,
C

(NOTE: That teddy bear in a stocking was about three inches tall and was a Christmas tree ornament that she used every single year.)

On the Fourth Day of Christmas, my sister gave to me--one golden ring: Well, now that golden ring would've made my bank book groan in pain, mater of fact they would've thrown me in that little room with bars for writin' hot checks if I'd gotten you a real golden ring. However, we must not give up the tradition so a ring it is, a ring with a star in the middle. "Would you like to swing on a star..."

Let's got to the park, sit on a bench and celebrate Christmas by chasing moonbeams after work this evening.

Love you,
C

(NOTE: And that, too was a Christmas ornament!)

Now I can hear her singing those two songs in my head. Not a bad memory because we used to sing while we washed dishes every night and she didn't even make fun of me because I'm tone deaf and couldn't carry a tune in a galvanized milk bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment